For Side Sleeping:
For side sleeping therapy, the ‘Side Sections’ are higher to accommodate your shoulder properly and contoured to rest your head and neck comfortably in a natural position that allows correct spinal alignment. Minimum pressure is applied and a decrease in stress from every contact surface of your head, neck and shoulder.
For Back Sleeping:
For sleeping on your back, the Therapeutica offers the ‘Wedge Extension’ which provides upper back support. Also, The ‘Cervical Contour’ provides correct cervical neck support. The ‘Center Cavity’ cradles your head. All combined together, this unique design maintains correct spinal alignment. This support aids in the relief and prevention of neck and upper back pain.
How to Determine the Size of Pillow You Need:
- Have someone assist in measuring you.
- Have them measure your left shoulder.
- Move your shirt collar, if it interferes.
- Stand Facing the person who is measuring you.
- Arms down to your sides. Have the person measuring you, hold the ruler to the base of the neck.
- Keep the ruler Level across the shoulder area. (The ruler will raise off the shoulder.)
- While holding the ruler in place, with their left hand, your assistant should feel for the humorous bone with their right hand. Note: Ignore any muscle mass beyond the humerus on the exterior of the shoulder or on the lower arm.
- Compare size on the ruler, above the end of the humerus, with the diagram in the measuring guide to order your pillow.
|Petite||fits shoulders over 4 1/4" to 5 1/4"||11 cm -13 cm|
|Average||fits shoulders over 5 1/4" to 6 1/4"||13 cm -16 cm|
|Large||fits shoulders over 6 1/4 to 7 1/4||16 cm -18 cm|
|X-Large||fits shoulders over 7 1/4" PLUS||18+|
Use a ruler to take measurements for proper sizing of pillows.
Hold the ruler level and measure from the base of the neck to the outside tip of the humerus bone. Choose the smaller size if your measurement falls on the line between two sizes.
The Therapeutica contoured memory foam pillow with help with many conditions:
- Helps to support the shoulders during side sleeping positions.
- If you have recently had surgery, this pillow will help with neck soreness and positioning post surgery
- If you suffer from TMJ issues, this pillow with help with positioning
- Morning neck pain
- Computer related forward head posture
- Herniated disc in the neck
- Bone spurs and arthritis in the c spine
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Migraine Headaches
- Chronic Neck Pain
- If you are looking for a pillow to cradle your neck